- Must have a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in civil engineering design and project management.
- Must have in depth knowledge of roadway design for the public sector. Experience with Colorado municipal transportation design and engineering is preferred.
- Proven Business Development, Project Management and Leadership experience.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business is preferred but is not a requirement if successful project experience is demonstrated.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Colorado or can obtain registration through reciprocity with another state within six (6) months of employment is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated professional.
- Strong desires to grow personally as well as professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to lead creation of designs and drawings supporting our client’s overall project goals.
- Must have an established local Colorado client network with a history of successful projects.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and AutoCAD experience desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
- Merrick & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.