The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Bridge and Structures office is seeking a qualified Engineer to fill Bridge Load Rating Engineer vacancies in our Bridge Preservation Office. In the position, the incumbent will develop and update technical criteria for bridge load rating analyses, and evaluate bridges with low load ratings to determine if there is a need for load posting or other traffic restrictions, or if structural modifications to increase live load capacity is needed.
The Bridge Load Rating program is charged with oversight encompassing over 3200 bridges in the State of Washington. If you have a background in bridge engineering and want to be part of a team whose primary role is the safety of our travelling public, we encourage you to apply.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy a continuously changing environment, and a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Manage and implement the Statewide Bridge Load Rating program for over 3200 state bridges.
- Perform load rating analyses on bridges of various complexities.
- Approve or reject applications for overload movement over state bridges to ensure safe passage of trucks without compromising structural integrity of bridges.
- Participate as a Senior Lead Inspector of bridge inspections using routine and non-destructive inspection methods.
- Administer and oversee consultant load rating activities.
- Develop and update technical criteria for bridge load rating analyses for inclusion of agency manuals.