The operations manager plans, directs and coordinates all playa activities including well drilling, brine production, pond management and avian control. Responsibilities include ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. The Operations Manager role is to lead the playa team in achieving KPIs and provides leadership to the management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, and direct all activities for playa operations (Well drilling and rehabilitation, brine production, pond management and avian control), and technical oversight of pond improvement projects
• Responsible for brine inventory management to facilitate timely manufacturing of high quality products in the most cost effective fashion
• Develop and lead a performance based operations team that maximizes the productivity of people, equipment, and raw materials
• Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for monitoring performance
• Develop a safety culture and drive the performance to achieve an injury free workplace, and serve as a process safety advisor for the site
• Serve as technical (engineering) resource: develop process improvements, provide technical oversight to the designs of other engineers, and execute engineering projects in assigned production areas. Implement projects from conceptual and planning phases through execution
• Help develop the business cases to support capital investments
• Plan and safeguard the necessary production capacities while coordinating with Sales, R&D, and Purchasing in the framework of the stipulated budget
• Organize optimum plant workflows, using the available capacities and budgeted resources
• Manage staff including selecting, delegating and appraising personnel
• Document the implemented statutory obligations arising from operation of the equipment, such as training and instruction records, records of correct operation, and records of necessary control activities.
Education and experience requirements
•Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology or mining with 8 plus years of experience (preferably well field)
•Prior experience should include 5 plus years or more of direct managerial experience
We improve lives.
Albemarle is in the business of creating specialty chemicals that make life better for millions of people across the world. From fire safety and pharmaceuticals to cleaner air and healthier crops, our products provide benefits in many different markets. Our core businesses are:
Lithium and Advanced Materials
Fine Chemistry Services
We're a Global Company Poised for Sustained Growth
Albemarle operates in dozens of locations across the world, giving us a unique perspective on global economy as we play an increasingly important role in driving it. Maintaining growth in our industry demands a strong strategic vision, operational efficiency, the ability to generate value and the resources to seize opportunities.
We Want You to Succeed
Albemarle people make Albemarle successful. It's as simple as that. We honor your commitment with a positive, team-oriented working environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Work with us and you'll experience:
Competitive Compensation and benefits
Early hands-on technical experience
Potential for job variety and career flexibility
Collaboration with seasoned employees at every level
A proven record of innovation
Company-wide focus on economic and environmental sustainability
Deep commitment to our communities, education and social development
Concern and compassion for fellow employees
Among the best safety records in the industry
The bottom line: no matter where you apply your talent and training Albemarle will provide the resources and support you need to succeed.